Fo Shizzle

Where I get down with the supa funk ...... I know I sound like a hip hop cool guy, and I am!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Party on party people




Had a baby shower on Saturday and man was it a blast ......... for Meghan. :-) I sat outside and enjoyed a cigar away from it all, but it was very generous of people to come and bring a gift. Meghan really enjoyed it and her Mom did a great job hosting the event.

I spent most of the day yesterday putting things together. Who knew that a little baby swing would take four hours to put together (it's a joke). I did rack my knuckle once and got it to bleed. So, someday I can honestly tell the baby that my blood, sweat and tears (still working on that one) were the building blocks of the things she craps in. :-)

The thing that I'm most moved by though is how absolutely awesome people are about giving when it comes to a baby. Through life I've never really had any handouts, so things like this really do make me uncomfortable. I don't know how to accept gifts. For some reason I'd much rather struggle to pay for everything myself - which is foolish - but that's just me. To anyone that gave a gift this weekend - I am humbled....... Thank you very much.

Oh - my favorite item is the little onesy that says "Does this diaper make my butt look big?" HAHAHAAHA..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home